The village of Rakhamah is located 2 km north-east of the town of Yeruham, along both sides of route 204. 1500 people live in the village. Part of the population lives in this place for generations while the other part are internally displaced who were transferred in 1956 by the government to this location from the Ovdat area. The village is named after a water well that is located nearby.
No education and health services are available in the village. The children attend school in Wādi an-Naʿam, a 35 km distance with 40 minute drive from the village and in Gaṣir as-Sirr, a 15 km distance with 15 minute drive. For medical care, the residents go to Yeruham, 4 km distance from the village.
Water is obtained from a connection to the main pipe line on the Yeruham-Dimona road and the connection is done privately by the residents. Some residents bring water by water tanks. Rakhamah is not connected to the national electricity grid and the residents use solar panels and generators in order to produce electricity. Some families in the village have no electricity at all. There are no paved roads in the village, no sewage system and no garbage disposal.
Rakhamah is a Bedouin village that is partly under the jurisdiction of the regional council Ramat Negev and partly under the jurisdiction of Yeruham. The residents of Rakhamah wish to be recognized as an independent agricultural neighborhood that will be part of Yeruham, or as an independent agricultural village. The present situation of an unrecognized village puts Rakhamah under the constant threat of house demolitions, that occur every couple of months in the village.