The unrecognized village Tal ʿArād is located north-west of the town Arad, with a population of 1700 residents. The original residents of the area were the Jahalin tribe who were transferred by the state in 1948 and reside nowadays in the area of Mishor Edomim. After the establishment of the state of Israel, the state transferred to the area internally displaced people from other areas of the Negev, mostly from the al-Lagiyyih area. The village is named after the archeological site Tel Arad.
There is no infrastructure whatsoever in the village. Tal ʿArād is not connected to the national electric grid and the residents use solar panels and generators. Some of the residents have connection to the main water pipe by pipes installed on their own expense, but most of the residents transport water by tanks. Besides the road that leads to a nearby military base, there are no paved roads in the village.
There is a primary and intermediate school in the village while the high school children attend school in the town of Ksīfih, 10 km distance and 20 minute drive from the village. For health services the residents have to travel to Ksīfih or to Arad, 12 km distance and 20 minute drive from the village.
Tal ʿArād is an unrecognized village which faces constant house demolitions and crops destruction. According to the Be’er Sheva metropolitan plan the village lies partly in an area designated for desert scenery and partly in a digging and quarrying area and therefore recognition cannot be granted. Nowadays the state wants to change the area of the village to a military zone. The residents on the other hand want to continue living in Tal ʿArād and get recognition to their village.