The Forum offers guided tours for international and local journalists, members of the public and students to visit Bedouin communities in the Negev. During the tours, participants meet with community leaders and experts and visit unrecognized villages. Participants learn about the various problems facing the Negev Bedouin population as well as possible solutions.
Printed and Email Newsletters
We produce one or two printed newsletters and three to four electronic newsletters every year to provide an overview of recent events in the Negev, relevant to co-existence, and the Forum’s activities. The newsletters are published in Arabic, Hebrew and English.
Over 1,000 supporters from Israel and abroad subscribe to receive notices about upcoming Forum activities and other significant events in the Negev. Most notices are published in Hebrew, English and Arabic.
The NCF works to heighten awareness among the international community through the United Nations (UN). The Forum has presented numerous reports to the UN and has been represented before the following sessions:
- Ferial Abu Nadi attended the 23rd session of the Working Group on Indigenous Populations to present the report ‘Bedouins and the Rights of Indigenous People’ prepared by Ilana Boteach (in 2005 in Geneva);
- Ariel Dalumi and Ferial Abu Nadi attended the 24th session of the Working Group on Indigenous Populations (in 2006 in Geneva);
- Ariel Dalumi and Ferial Abu Nadi attend the 69th session of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (in 2006 in Geneva);
- Ferial Abu Nadi attended the 5th and 7th sessions of the UN Permanent Forum for Indigenous Issues (in 2006 and 2008 respectively);
- Advocate Rawia Aburabia attended the 8th and 9th sessions of the UN Permanent Forum for Indigenous Issues (in 2009 and 2010 respectively in New York). During the 9th session, Rawia meet privately with Special Rapporteur, Professor James Anaya, to update him on the situation in the Negev and delivered this statement before the assembly;
- Board member, Khalil Alamor, attended the 3rd session of the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (in 2010 in Geneva) and delivered this statement;
- Board member, Khalil Alamour, attended the 99th session of the UN Human Rights Committee’s review of Israel under the ICCPR to present the shadow report prepared by the NCF (in 2010 in Geneva). Mr Alamour delivered this statement;
- Advocate Sana Ibn Bari attend the 10th session of the UN Permanent Forum for Indigenous Issues in 2011 in New York and delivered this statement; and
- Board member, Khalil Alamour, attended the 47th session of the Committee of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights in Geneva in 2011. During the session, Mr Alamour delivered this statement.
- Attorney Orna Kohn read out this statement on behalf of NCF during the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination’s (CERD) review of Israel in February 2012 in Geneva.
- Mansour Nsasra read out this statement on behalf of NCF at the 11th Session of the Permanent Forum on Indigenous issues in New York in May 2012.